Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Something to count on

Wow. One thing I've learned in life is the only certainty is the passage of time. Without fail, you can always count on it to continue on ... as it always has and as it always will.

It's been awhile since I last updated, but life has certainly kept me busy and time has certainly passed.

I have successfully moved to the Pacific Northwest and now reside on a small island across a bridge from Seattle. It's a wonderful city and I have grown quite fond of my new home. The weather is currently challenging my patience, but dull it is not!

Before moving here we lost my Papa to heart failure, a few months shy of his 80th birthday. I was, and still am, devastated. The rug was swept out from under me. It happened the week before I was due to move but I was so fortunate to join my family in Savannah for his service. I still tear up when remembering he's no longer with us. We were so much alike and I adored him. And I miss him.

But to counterbalance the ache of loss in my heart, I had so much to gain just ahead of me. My husband returned home from deployment in October and after 7 months apart we were finally living under one roof again. He was home for all of the important winter holidays and we stayed busy making up for time spent apart and exploring our new residence. It was a wonderful two months.

And now January is here and my husband is off saving the world again, this time in warmer waters. I'm holding down the icy fort and preparing to get us through what's sure to be a complicated tax season. A winter storm advisory is in effect and I'm wondering what the next few days have planned. My good friend is flying in for a visit during the heart of the storm, so there is potential for quite an adventure. More than anything, I am really looking forward to the company. It's amazing how prone to reclusivity (that's definitely a word) I am after a few days alone.

I have worked hard to fill my calendar with distractions while I wait for Neil to return home again and now I have much to look forward to. Updating this blog consistently will hopefully be included in that.




In other news, I'm running. I have new running shoes and I'm running. I never saw that one coming.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger