Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Stress fracture

I am in such an emotionally charged place in my life right now, and I'm not the best one for handling the task.

I don't do emotions. At least I subconsciously try not to. Emotions tend to make others around you uncomfortable and they also draw attention to yourself ... I like neither of those results. I think I got good at suppressing my feelings growing up because I knew a weak, crying, shy, new kid would never make friends.

20 years later, here I am as an adult. A master of the emotional pass-off. But trust me, when it seems I'm smiling during a particularly stressful time, I'm really imploding on the inside.

So here I am, 36 hours away from an invasion of movers in my house; here to pack my life into cardboard boxes and haul it away from my comfort zone.

I'm determined to be successful and to continue seeing the bright side through this, despite the tsunami of loneliness I feel. I'll survive. Although I never saw the day coming when being in my home would cause me more anxiety than a day in the office.

I can only hope the process moves quickly. I hear if you just rip the bandaid off you don't cry.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger