Monday, August 29, 2011

If you only had a month ...

We are officially one month away from my drive to Seattle. From the day I leave my life as I know it behind me and head towards the great unknown. I'm very excited but very nervous. I haven't allowed myself to focus on the unbearably sad parts. I'm not ready yet and I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to dwell on that when I'm alone in my new(ish) city.

I'm so glad mom is driving up with me. I think spending those days driving and the first few days in Seattle with her will really help me transition. But that Monday, when I have to drop her off at the airport and say goodbye ... I'm really not sure how I'm going to make it back home. Hopefully the movers will have shown up and I will be able to bury myself in tasks to get our place ready for Neil's homecoming.

Yeah. The countdown has begun. I may have moved several times in my life, but this one is a first. This is the first time my parents are the ones getting smaller in my rear view.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger