Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hoarder no more

I had a yard sale last weekend to rid myself of the clutter we've accumulated over the past several years together. We're downsizing to a much smaller space so the unnecessary items had to take a hike. It's weird because we feel we're starting over. Like we're fresh out of high school and trying to make it on our own. Who would have thought this new life would seem more like a regression than a "promotion." I'm sure one day the tables will turn.

But our clutter ended up translating to a fat wad of cash from the sale. My aunt and parents came over really early to help me haggle with people, although my primary mantra was "everything for a $1." You'd be surprised how even a dollar wasn't low enough for some people. I had to nicely tell a few to get lost.

The success of the yard sale will pay for the road trip mom and I are about to take up to Seattle. I won't be able to get my moving allowance ahead of time since Neil already technically moved, so this will hold me over until I can be reimbursed by the guvment.

I can't believe the movers will be here in one month. Slowly but surely this is happening. One day at a time.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger